Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

Celebrated Good Friday by playing in an $8.80 satellite to the Sunday $400K Guarantee.

This of course led to celebrating Easter by playing in the $400k.

During course of tournament I had a pair above 99 once (QQ) until very late (KK).
As a homage to Hoyazo some screen shots are included.
The key hand that got me into the money was an AK suited. Can't find the hand history but I was BB (1600) with 3400 behind, ~330 left, 306 paid. Button made pot raise, SB went all in for 15k I called, button folded. SB had 10 10 and flop was AK small, turn was J river was small. I then folded to the money as cards were awful.

I play a little tight but I do play more than top 10% hands saw a lot of hands that were better for doubling down at BlackJack than playing Hold'em with.

Was at an aggressive table that had chip leader on a card rush, UTG was my only chance to be 1st all in and cards were awful. Was given a gift in BB when down to 1616 with BB at 1600 when one of the mainiacs raised with Q3 and I had QJ and flopped 2 jacks.

This gave me a chance to risk tourney with.
Wow they held up.


Was bottom 10 in chips most of the time once we got to 2nd money level and went out 98th (bottom of a money cutoff though) when UTG with 5x BB I picked up 88. On this action a JackAce in SB called off half his chips.

bayne_s antes 350
TenthPlanet posts the small blind of 1,400
ReavisWrestling posts the big blind of 2,800
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bayne_s [8h 8c]
bayne_s raises to 11,530, and is all in
Antoshka fold
srks ceo folds
shipitydoda folds
gianka foldsjaris folds
TenthPlanet raises to 19,672, and is all in
ReavisWrestling folds
TenthPlanet shows [Ac Jd]
bayne_s shows [8h 8c]
Uncalled bet of 8,142 returned to TenthPlanet
*** FLOP ***
[Jc 5s As]
SmashingPumpkin sits down
SmashingPumpkin adds 110,956
*** TURN ***
[Jc 5s As] [Ts]
*** RIVER ***
[Jc 5s As Ts] [2c]
TenthPlanet shows two pair, Aces and Jacks
bayne_s shows a pair of Eights
TenthPlanet wins the pot (28,660) with two pair, Aces and Jacks
bayne_s stands up .








No comments: