Monday, October 27, 2008

Time to Bust a Pro

At 6:05 tonight we all have the chance to bust Eric 'Rizen' Lynch for $75 and an autographed copy of his book 'Winning Poker Tournaments One hand at a time' in an online poker tournament.

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:05 (Pacific) the series will run with cool bonus add ons.  

Each week top 3 get bonus $T, bubble is extended with 3 buyin refunds and there is end of series $3k tourney.

I managed to take a 3rd in 18 player SNG, win a supersat and took 16th in $4k.  One of these days I will dodge the 2 suckouts that take me out and get to Top 3 again.

End of Poker Content (as it were):

When I was 15 my family moved from Orlando, Florida to Westford, Massachusetts.  We moved in December and I think 1978 was one of the worst years for snow New England experienced.  OMG it was cold and there was a definite shock to my system going from running around outside playing basketball or baseball vs stuck inside shivering.  I probably gained 30 pounds that winter (which lasts until May I believe) from the drop off in activity.    Having spent most of my life to that point moving every 2 years I would adapt and make new friends but weather adjustment limited my new circle that 1st year to a couple of neighbors from bus stop, a few people on the chess team and a few people on the "Math Team" (I grew up in south, had no frckn idea what a "Math Team" was) but schools met in competition and took tests periodically.  

One member of math team was a freshman girl K who ended up taking 4 classes with me over the next two years.  K was certainly one of my 1st friends in Westford but lost touch with all of them because my parents moved to Virginia my 1st quarter in college and I have stopped for gas in Westford once (on ski trip) since but have never really been back.

In a pleasant surprise K emailed me Saturday and we ended up having a long IM during lunch Monday catching up.  Conversation flowed easily but the most shocking takeaway was that she was about my daughter's age when we met.  Where did the time go?

1 comment:

SirFWALGMan said...

"We moved in December and I think 1978 was one of the worst years for snow New England experienced."

Yeah it was a little something called the Blizzard of 78 you tard. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_1978.