Friday, May 08, 2009

A Dark Day

I was saddened to learn yesterday that Manny Ramirez is having difficulty ovulating and was forced to seek a medical solution. There is no chance I could write a better piece on the matter than Jayson Stark or Bill Simmons. Jayson captures the outrage I feel and Bill captures the pain.

W00t Jason Bay!

If you are Theo Epstein are you heading to Vegas for hookers and blow to celebrate today?

I stayed up way too late last night watching the cash game on Poker after Dark and an epic battle on a 6-Max PLO table (I lost $50 over span of 188 hands)

In this corner from Ireland KKfisher





and in this corner machingunian from the USA who may be most aggro PLO player I have ever seen.







Machingunian raised 41 of 90 hands, I chose to maintain my normal style and fold a lot and try to pick spots. Biggest leak for me in battle was failing to protect hands on turn but am not sure that machingunian was not feeling "god switch" and may have actually saved myself money. The couple of times I looked up what felt like a river bluff I ran into the nuts that were backdoor draws.

KKfisher tried to go toe to toe in the center of ring and it was just not pretty watching buy in after buyin disappear with me not collecting.

No comments: