Thursday, May 22, 2008

Friday's Dilemmas

The 1st dilemma:

Thursday night I met up with some former co-workers at an Irish Pub to watch the Celtics-Pistons Game. I may have drank too much Guinness, teenage daughter gave me some crap when I returned home but dilemma is did I set a bad example by drinking too much or did I set a good example by leaving my car at work and taking the Trolley home?

The 2nd Dilemma:
How many outs do I have? Names changed comments left in place.

Full Tilt Poker Game #6499932570: Skill Series (44660284), Table 1 - 40/80 - No Limit Omaha H/L - 22:13:03 ET - 2008/05/20
Seat 1: bayne_s (1,960)
Seat 2: RaisingCayne (6,380)
Seat 3: tilt away (7,200)
Seat 4: cmitch (3,297)
Seat 5: lightning36 (1,443)
Seat 6: TuscaloosaJohn (1,782)
Seat 7: Seat7 (5,948)
Seat 8: FTOPS_dude (5,485)
Seat 9: Seat9 (3,538)
Seat7 posts the small blind of 40
FTOPS_dude posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bayne_s [2h Ah 8d 6s]
Seat9 calls 80
bayne_s calls 80
RaisingCayne folds
tilt away folds
cmitch folds
Seat9: yes bayne get in here please.
lightning36 has 15 seconds left to act
lightning36 is sitting out
lightning36 has timed out
lightning36 folds
TuscaloosaJohn folds
Seat7 calls 40
lightning36 has returned
FTOPS_dude checks
*** FLOP *** [Kc 7d 5s]
Seat7 checks
FTOPS_dude checks
Seat9 bets 320
bayne_s calls 320
Seat7 calls 320
FTOPS_dude folds
*** TURN *** [Kc 7d 5s] [Th]
Seat7 checks
Seat9 bets 1,280
bayne_s has 15 seconds left to act
bayne_s calls 1,280
Seat9: yes chase it baybee chase it
Seat7 calls 1,280
*** RIVER *** [Kc 7d 5s Th] [4c]
Seat7 checks
Seat9 checks
bayne_s bets 280, and is all in
Seat7 calls 280
Seat9 calls 280
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bayne_s shows [2h Ah 8d 6s] a straight, Eight high, for high and 7,5,4,2,A, for low
Seat7 mucks
Seat9 mucks
bayne_s wins the high pot (2,980) with a straight, Eight high
bayne_s wins the low pot (2,980) with 7,5,4,2,A
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5,960 Rake 0
Board: [Kc 7d 5s Th 4c]
Seat 1: bayne_s showed [2h Ah 8d 6s] and won (5,960) with HI: a straight, Eight high; LO: 7,5,4,2,A
Seat 2: RaisingCayne didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: tilt away didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: cmitch didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: lightning36 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: TuscaloosaJohn (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: Seat7 (small blind) mucked [As 4d 4s 6h] - HI: three of a kind, Fours; LO: 7,6,5,4,A
Seat 8: FTOPS_dude (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: Seat9 mucked [9c 7c Qh Kh] - HI: two pair, Kings and Sevens

A2xx where Ace is suited so I can't really fault my preflop limp.
Flop could have had 1, 2 or 3 hearts for me to have hit it harder but all things considered this is not a bad flop.

Looking at my hand I have:
4 outs to a nut-nut hand
4 outs to a nut high hand with no low
10 additional outs to a nut low without a high.

I can understand that calling pot size bet is questionable as 31 % of time I hit oesd for high getting 2:1 if this was high only, we are playing O8 and 50% of time I hit nut low (without nut high).

Turn is bad in that I missed, but turn is good in that it puts 4 suits on board eliminating flush and board has not paired preventing boats. Only Conceivable hand that has reduced my outs is KKQJ. I am still looking at 25% for nut low and 10% for nut-nut and 10% for 9 hi straight.

Raising turn is pointless, no one can fold now and even after river no one can fold to bet after I hit.

10 comments:

CEMfromMD said...

Why change the names? I am fairly sure that Seat 7 was me. Not even sure what the hell I was thinking on that hand, other then I might have gotten lucky and my Trip 4s were good.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Changing names made this twice as funny. But content was obv hilarious... to some... This made me laugh out loud... at the airport. Much like last night when I got text, just as I noticed gchat status. LMAO

lucko said...

Your play might be somewhat questionable. The other two players both played their hands far, far worse.

CEMfromMD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bayne_S said...

Cem, you were not seat 7.

Alan, Have a good trip.

Lucko, I have a bad habit of not being aggressive enough and trying to take down a big pot by hitting rather than a smaller pot by forcing fold

StB said...

Can one drink too much Guinness? Doubtful. Not a bad example for drinking too much. You are a man and that is what we do. You are absolved of any wrongdoing by taking the trolley home and not driving. Tell the daughter to put a sock in it.

CEMfromMD said...

Wow, I am surprised. I thought for sure that was one of my bonehead moves. I KNOW I wasnt seat 9, because I dont try to entice anyone to call in the chat.

RaisingCayne said...

My preflop fold in that hand was genius!

Nice work on the taking the Tolley home, that's a great example. (What's your other option, NOT drink?! Crazy talk.)

Don't lose too much sleep over villain's choice to whine about your play. Seemed to me you had a lot of outs to scoop the whole pot here, not to mention the many chances of splitting it. Seemed to me to be a reasonable spot to gamble a little bit. I wouldn't fault your play myself.

MackemPlus1 said...

Raise the flop or just shove the turn as played.

Unknown said...

As I emailed...

Re-pot the flop, Push, or Fold.

Hated the call option.