Friday, May 30, 2008

A rough week ends

The downside of blogging without anonymity is that I have avoided writing about some things that bother me that I would not generally want publicly revealed. My parents are both from the south so I come from an upbringing that keeps things private and leads to flawed decisions to avoid emabarassing family.

1st event of week was CEO at my company was replaced. The new CEO came from inside so he is known quantity, I like and respect both CEOs just hate the change. But do have to figure out what does this mean?

2nd events of week was learning there was family drama amongst 3 cousins. Dad was always tightest with this sister so naturally I spent more time with them. Oldest of 3 may have cancer and is awaiting diagnosis, middle 2nd ex-husband was just paroled (Megan's law forces him to register whereabouts) and youngest still lives with his Mom despite being my age. Some of aunt's money is un-accounted for an attempt was made to have youngest involuntarily committed to mental hospital and a suicide attempt was faked (or real) all to deflect from money disappearance. I may have to get the DVR fixed so I can watch for them on Jerry Springer next week.

3rd I did get email saying my registration for WSOP 19 has been received. I am committed but have run poorly in PLO tourneys for 2 weeks. :(

4th - BBT 3 is winding down, Cash in 2nd Big Game means I am near break even for series but have not gotten TOC seat. Been a lot of spots where I was starting to get traction but lost a flip but there hasn't been that one tourney where I really felt I got in position to take it down. This week in Mookie felt my reads were on but it did not matter as I never picked up cards or had fold equity at final table. I laid down JJ one of the times Astin raised AA in front of me but that was only pp at final table.

Las Vegas is 9 days away though.

No comments: