Monday, July 21, 2008

Sleepless Nights

Wife and I are up until Midnight and she has to wake up at 4 to prepare for EEG. Test is routine and since neurologists said no matter what is found treatment plan won't change. But there is possibility the test might show what has caused seizures.

Sleeping (really sleeping) with my wife has always been tricky, she talks in her sleep, occaisonally sleep walks and has always had sudden movements. Sunday night I woke up at 3 because I felt some spasm. I felt need to stay awake to observe and fortunately wife seemed normal. 20 minutes after I woke up my own left arm had muscle spasm and I realized I was awake for nothing, such a bad beat.

Played Stars $50k and finished 50th when I ran AK into AA. With 150 left and down to a few BBs I tried Chad's sticky note technique.

portal pyram: posts small blind 600
mnviking42: posts big blind 1200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bayne_s [8h 3h]
bayne_s: raises 2761 to 3961 and is all-in
YALE87: folds
VittumCats: folds
Machiavilian: folds
PsYcOsNiPeR: folds
splifftwista: folds
TOPNOTCHDOG: folds
portal pyram: calls 3361
mnviking42: folds
*** FLOP *** [4s 2s Ac]
*** TURN *** [4s 2s Ac] [5s]
*** RIVER *** [4s 2s Ac 5s] [Kh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
portal pyram: shows [Td Ts] (a pair of Tens)
bayne_s: shows [8h 3h] (a straight, Ace to Five)

Also got a little deep in turbo Fiddy but went out 12th. I learned I can't win with KJ or beat KJ when I called a pushmonkey who had powerful QTs and flopped a flush against me. (Thanks for rail JD).

Skills is Stud H/L on Tuesday.

I will probably miss due to this:
Plug-In 2008 - Convention & Exposition

I noticed on front bumber of my Prius a round opening the size of electrical plug. Have always suspected that original intent was to supplement with electricity. I doubt I would splurge and pay the $5k to convert but if batteries ever needed replacement I would have to investigate. Cars don't rust out here.

1 comment:

JD Schellnutt said...

I love the turbo 50 and hundo. I have seen tourneys where push with atc is all the rage...but these things have a call with atc motif. Love it.
glgl
JD