Thursday, March 01, 2007

Life Tilt Home Stretch

Limited Poker Content:

On the calendar February is the shortest month of the year. When you are selling a house in Northern California to a 1st time home buyer it can be the longest. I accepted the offer the 30th of January, there was of course an inspections contingency and a financing contingency. It’s been 15 years since I bought a home for 1st time and despite my uncommon name I had multiple items on my credit report that reflected badly that I had nothing to do with. Buyer of my home has a common First and Last Name so has had quite a struggle to get credit report cleaned up and get loan approval. Think the bankruptcies of a couple marginal lenders in February brought more scrutiny at all lenders on all loans. Am in the home stretch as realtor called minutes ago confident that loan approval will go through and next week closing will occur.

I am looking forward to making rent payment without a mortgage payment next month. Will pay off loan on one of the cars and only remaining debt will be car payments for a year on a 0.9% loan. Hopefully wife does not get fired up to buy another house.

I finally lost the last remnants of my once less meager Full Tilt bankroll. Spent early part of month playing higher limits than I belong, and lost 4 pots very stupidly on a single day where I had Nut Omaha hands folded due to ISP timeouts. I need to just give up playing Full Tilt after 1st time this happens in a day. Prefer most things about Full Tilt but have to recognize playing from home I never have problems with timeouts on Poker Stars beyond an occasional delay and there grant of a few extra seconds on a disconnect is enough to prevent folding winning hands.

I will have to grind on Full Tilt once rake back is paid to see if I can restore bankroll but will probably have to restrict play to win I’m in office outside normal work window.

No comments: