Monday, April 07, 2008

Full Tilt Server Crashed

Played Saturdays with DrPauly finishing 3rd. I was such a bad guest knocking Pauly out for the 3rd time in 6 times playing. I think I have crippled him when he has had AA hands and then eliminated him with AA hands of my own twice. Sadly despite 4 of 6 final tables I still have not closed the deal.

I did not follow this Saturday Night guide , (Drizz I am looking at you) because I had my live tourney in Morgan Hill. As craptastic as blogger events can be nothing compares to the minefield of playing a rebuy tournament in California where any two face and any 2 suited are gold. One hand I raised JJ pre only to see a nasty AQ6 (two diamond flop), I dumped hand when two callers went to felt with QT and 7d4d. Unfortunately went out 2nd level post rebuy when KK lost to QQ and then big stack tried to steal blinds with 7c6c and I was short enough in blinds to take stand with AJ. getting 3:1 button had to call jam and was rewarded with 76 small flop.

I got home in time to see the Full Tilt's servers had recovered and that I had gotten an email telling me of being awarded $37.26 in the cancelled $2.5k PLO KO. Since I was 42 of 46 remaining and 18 paid I can accept this payout but a review of my past PLO tourneys would indicate I was "in position" for a deep run.

At 11:46 pacific $20k guarantee Turbo Hundred had 76 players registered thinking "huge overlay" due to server problems I signed up. Apparently 193 other people thought the same thing and 269 of us began play. I doubled up early when a K8 unimproved jammed turn into my top set of Js and managed to stay in Top 25 rest of tournament until with 35 left I jammed KK into AA. I think I have managed to run KK into AA 11 times in the last week and despite huge quantity of poker I play I don't play enough to justify 11 occurrences.

MSNBC was airing Mistaken Identity as I busted out of Hundo so I was trapped watching late into night. Until they showed the picture of Whitney with her face swollen and eyes closed 10 days after accident I was like "how did they not know". But with all the swelling she did not look predominantly like either healthy girl.

Sunday I awoke at crack of 1, I was not psyched for the Sunday donkey play but did decide to wade into the early doubles and $2.5k PLO. PLO was a quick FCD beat my set exit but despite me making a horrendously donkey call early in early double B, I came back from 340 chips for a double cash.

This inspired me to try the original Daily Double. DD A saw a quick exit but in B I got some chips early and was a top 20 stack most of tourney. With 36 left I was 4th in chips (but 4th at my table), after a couple of exits I was the one moved and found myself as a 150k stack when next at table was 50k. Having watched Lucko and LJ bully tables in past I was giving it a try with smaller raises to steal the blinds but one time I got lazy raising with 88 and clicked bet pot, player after me jammed and I was thinking fawk but was getting 2:1 on my money to call. Since I am math based I made call hoping for a race but instead saw KK.


I play so good. I also manged to lose a decent size pot with 88 to an UTG raiser on a Q 6 4 flop when raiser showed QT. During 4th or 5th break LJ and I had a quick discussion on bet sizing and I of course listened because she seems to understand how to run deep better than most and bid her a good night. Coming out of break I raised the 1st 4 hands, AQ (Q hi flop), AK (no action), 99 QT9 flop all spades (eww but took down 3 way flop with pot bet) and TT. SB (rookiejim) apparently had enough of my raising and jammed with A8o and was rewarded with river Ace.






After next break and many eliminated players later rookiejim minraised UTG and I had 88 in BB. Rookiejim had shown a tendency not to lay down an Ace pre so I jammed and this time he had AA to take me out.

MATH is tonight
7 Pacific
Password: Hammer






5 comments:

Julius_Goat said...

Nice job, Bayne. The Double has been kind to me lately; good to see it becoming a blogger destination.

lucko said...

Atta boy!

BWoP said...

It was fun to watch . . . even though I was sleepy.

Congrats on the cash!

Unknown said...

He missed the "rub one out to hot chicks appearing at Wicked Chops Poker" in between trolling 2+2.

The DD is a fountain of money, can't wait to get a bigger chunk.

Donkette said...

Great Job! I tried to stay until the end, however my eyelids wouldn't allow me to do so...