Saturday, February 24, 2007

2 Flavors of Omaha

Somehow didn't notice this was a 6 Handed Tournament when I registered, got low in chips as I did not widen starting hand selection and maybe some of Hoy's ideas on raising A-2 hands apply 6 Handed. Since I was low decided to fire up a PL Omaha Tourney


Rallied in Omaha 8 and through some fortunate hands reached final table, final table of Omah table hit at almost the same time. My play was slow as I did stick to my system of O8 always being on low side of screen wanted to constantly confirm I was making good Omaha decisions in correct window.

Eventual winner played really well and was an Ace's cracking machine. He called a lot of pot sized raises preflop with hands that were bascially 4 out of 6 consecutive (always one flush draw, lot of doublesuited) and was hitting enough flops to do damage. Be wary of Dolph at Omaha.

No comments: