Saturday, February 24, 2007

Table Image and the Hammer

First off an apology to StB , in my last blog I made reference to 2 plays as Fonkey plays that were rewarded by PokerStars RNG with runner-runner beats post flop. Thought this was acceptable behavior as I was the Fonkey in 2nd hand.

StB and I have a difference of opinion on how to play the Hammer, I can see his point that you play it like it's Aces and this certainly is valid as long as you can raise enough that opponent is in position to fold. Bottom line if the cards have to come up in a showdown at that point they are not Aces.

I believe it was Howard Lederer that said on Full Tilt Poker's Tips from the Pros that you make the most money in poker when you play against established table image. Thought my hammer all in against VinNay in last Monday's MATH served me well as soon after I picked up quite a few premium hands and got action in a lot of them. Beating VinNay took me from ~1900 chips to 2700 but I quickly found my AKs challenged by AJ & A9 and won a race against JJ to get me comfortably in the lead at around 8000. I know I did not show another bluff until I was head's up with Smokkee.

No comments: