Friday, December 18, 2009

Strange Day

No Poker Content:

Work today has such a weird vibe. Company is shutting down until January 4th for the holidays and to make the books look better. When I come back instead of being in office I will be working on a customer site for at least six months so it sort of feels like the last day on the job as well.

I had just figured out a week ago that I was good in new job when I got to visit companies biggest customer with only an hours advance warning. I spent a little time researching design that I had not seen before and figured out who to contact in Ottawa if I had questions and drove to customer. After few minutes in lab it was pretty obvious customer had neglected to supply clock and that was root cause and I was out the door by noon. Customer happy, bosses happy, Bayne happy as no issues with blogger weekend.

Next Year I will basically be returning to my job of previous 9 years just at a more successful company. The other plus side is I already know 2 of my co-workers.

I will be somewhat off net as we embark on Disneyland Christmas Vacation, there really are no religious overtones to that, possibly followed by skiing in Tahoe.

Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments: