Wednesday, April 18, 2007

AK suited is a drawing Hand

It is of course the best drawing hand.

Before I went to Melbourne I always played AK really strong but at my 1st table I found:

Seat 1: Unknown Australian
Seat2: Peter "Nordberg" Feldman
Seat 3: Jeff Madsen
Seat 4: Me (how did this happen)
Seat 5: Unknown (South African)
Seat 6: Tim "TMAY420" West
Seat 7: Unknown Australian
Seat 8: Owen "ocrowe" Crowe
Seat 9: Unknown Australian
Seat 10: Empty and blinding off

1st hand Nordberg lost half his chips with AK, flop was AK small, turn was T, river was J to South African who claimed to have pocket Aces.

Early in 2nd level Owen busted out to guy in Seat 9 who was clearly tightest player at table in a blind vs. blind situation when after a K92 rainbow flop and Ace on turn he discovered his AK had run into an AA.

Later in 2nd round after one caller I was inspired to limp (200) with AhKh suited (the hand of death at my table) and Tim raised to 1200 and I called on flop of Kc 6h 4h we got all chips in on flop and Tim had AdKd but no hearts came.

End of 2nd round I had AK in BB, tighest guy at table raised and I called OOP to see KK4 rainbow flop and I took down a decent pot with a check raise as I was sure he had decent pair and did not want to be blind to if he hit boat (he later told me he had Aces).

After writing this down I can see Blinder's and Hoy's point. All of these hands were raised preflop.

We were joking during 2nd break that AK was a "cooler" for everyone at the table but me but also noticed I had called with it while they had all raised with it. None of these calls represented more than 1/20th of my stack.

If I've achieved nothing else this week at least I have increased range of hands I will limp with in a blogger tournament.

1 comment:

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

A California Blogger!!!!!!!! Yippie!

You made me laugh with that Unsexiest man list.

I would play more of the blogger games, but they are toooooo freakin early. We need to start a West Coast series or something...lol

Anyway, nice to meet you.

I think you should give me a chance to get even by playing HU with me.

Hit me up in the girlie chat to hook up. YIM = yosoyveneno

Laters..