Friday, April 13, 2007

No Poker Content

Just finished reading part III of Violent Acres posts of how she became a 15 year old bride.

I have been reading her blog for a few months and was fascinated with level of anger/outrage that is carried within or beneath the surface and now I understand the basis of anger and bond I have felt.

I am fortunate that my own immediate family was only a little dysfunctional. My father has his flaws but they pale in comparison to his eldest brother who was beloved by the community at large while beating his wife and abusing his kids. When he put his house up for sale one time to move on it was bought by the next door neighbor who burned it to the ground as he "Never wanted to have neighbors like that again". When he did die (from a self-inflicted shotgun blast) my 1st question was did he take anyone else out with him, I was not only relative who asked this.

Christopher Titus claims in his act that Dysfunctional Families are now the Majority. I implore my 6 blog readers that if you suspect that someone you live near is abusing their children or spouse Help Them.

Call the police, social services or local schools where children are in attendance.

No comments: