Tuesday, February 19, 2008




Bodog is 3rd tourney in race for top 18 and shot at Main Event.


Play them Both!
Skillz tonight is O8.
Variance is such an ugly thing when running on bad side of it.
Friday night with 40 players left I was sitting 4th.
My BB I pick up JJ, called a jam for 1/3 my chips and am against TT, he hits set on flop
From CO I jam AKs, BB has AQo calls, Q on river.
UTG 30 left I pick up AQs jam, BB has 56o and makes ATC priced in call, 5 on flop Q on turn he 4 flushes me. If I fold AQs I would have made money as hand for hand play note comes up during hand and 4 players exited.
MATH Astin was hitting flops like they owed him money so I tried to jam Astin and Fuel out of a pot pre with AQ. Fuel called with 66 praying for a race and won (nice call fishy). Apparently no one folds a pair or an Ace pre-flop anymore in MTTs.
I played a $24 90 person KO with LJ and lucko last night, I was in decent shape with 20 left but in two orbit lost 4 hands where I had bounty in hand only to have river save opponent. Last two were rivered boats against my turned straights and flushes. LJ went on to take 2nd but had 2 pp lose to small pp with 6 left all in pre.
I had a long girlie chat with weak_player (congrats on 1 year anniversary without a blog update).
He has been datamining the $1/$2 PLO tables and sat down with a bunch of net losers. As he reviewed the data he commented that most of the losses came on cracked AA and that on a lot of occaisons the money was all in preflop.
Getting all in with AA pre is high variance way to play PLO I know this weekend alone I lost with:
AAQJ ds to Al's AA64
AAJT ss to JJT9
AAKK ds to KK63 (63 suited)
AAQQ 1 suit to 8553 (1 suit)

1 comment:

Astin said...

Funny enough, I had JT there and would have knocked you both out if I called. Good push.