Monday, February 04, 2008

FTOPS VII

Found the chart above as part of FTOPS 5, Event-8 recap. I could not resist posting as I don't even think Smokkee has managed to fold his way to a final table this weakly.

What I do remember about my run in this tournament is that for 1st two hours only hands I raised contained AA2 with one ace suited.

Hands I saw flops with contained AA or A2 or A3 or 4 cards above a 9 (in late position after a few limpers).

Post flop on the few hands I did play I either held the nuts or was drawing to the nuts, it was an evening of very disciplined O8 play and probably aided somewhat by wife and daughter being in Florida so there were no distractions.

In later hours when blinds got high enough that people would fold I opened up starting hand selection in postion and bullied my way to a few more pots and may have exploited my tight image (assuming anyone notices).

Being an Omatard means it is rare for me to be able to play a big field/big buy-in event so I look forward to FTOPS and WCOOP. Just hope I can dodge an inopportune river King this time.

Went out of Monday's $3k O8 as bubble boy when my AA2 ds lost to A338 which called preflop capped betting. He also called a 75T flop with capped betting and caught a 4 then a 2 for wheel.

Went out of MATH when tripJax typically overplayed a little pair and called a jam but sucked out set against my bigger pocket pair. I guess it was only fair since previously he had doubled me up when my mighty Q3s sucked out a flush (and a 3) against his KQ. Congrats on the win.

Bodog Blogger tournament with awesome series prizes and skill game is tonight.

No comments: