Saturday, February 28, 2009

Weekend Movie Review

Warning: May Contain Spoilers!

Friday Night I was tired when I got home from work, wife and (mainly) daughter wanted to go immediately to Cupertino to see "Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience". Christy Lemire gave it 1.5 stars. I have explained to wife in the past that I fawking hate driving from Mountain View (workplace) to Cupertino during rush hour and they still thought I would somehow want to drive 7 miles back through traffic to get to Mountain View and then proceed to Cupertino. The re-education process was quick and profane.

Saturday we did drive to Cupertino for daughter's eyebrow waxing which took 15 minutes and I believe I could achieve same service with 1/2 inch wide roll of duct tape at much lower cost followed by movie viewing. Jonas Brothers is outside of AMC's normal pricing schedule and was $15/ticket. Daughter's review was that it was "awesome" but has not provided other details.

I chose to see Liam Neeson in "Taken" for $6. It was a story about a father's love for his daughter where he gave up his job to live near her and ex-wife and when she is kidnapped he tries to find her killing everyone involved in her abduction until she is rescued. It was a big gang involved and only Arnold in Commando may have had a higher body count in a child's rescue.

Afterwards I felt need to give daughter a hug.

She then hit me.

1 comment:

lj said...

you bailed on daughter to see a different movie? no wonder she hit you! even if it was the jonas brothers lol.

also, you could not achieve same result w/ duct tape, you are such a guy.