Monday, March 02, 2009

Temporary Unpaid Leave

Luckily I did not make a last longer bet with Hoy.

My permanent job at a temporary company has hit a bump, investors decided to not continue to finance as macro-economic factors look very bad for M&A activity. Unfortunately the wave of recent resignations also dropped company headcount below Warn Act provisions so I got notice in a Monday 5:30 meeting that unpaid leave is underway starting Tuesday (today).

I think I am most annoyed about them waiting to hold the meeting until late enough in day that I missed Riverchasers.

It also occurred to me today that summer before daughter was born I bought a life insurance policy. Price at time for a 15 year term policy was a lot cheaper than the 20 year term so I opted for 15. Original Insurance company was sold off long ago so current bill comes from AIG. Never really envisioned that I should have found a way to collect if company died within term rather than me.

On positive side as I was writing post my TT sucked out a chop against JJ in a STT when Jd fell on river for chopped board flush and A9 > TT on a T high straight.

9 comments:

smokkee said...

tough times Bayne, GL.

Riggstad said...

Ugh! Stay Golden

SirFWALGMan said...

At least you will have more time for Mafia Wars! heh. Sorry to hear about the unpaid leave unless you wanted that and are enjoying the time off, in that case congrats! Good luck to you. Your a smart talented guy you will find something.

BamBam said...

Nothing but the best of luck to you Sir! Good thoughts from here are always pointed your direction!

1Queens Up1 said...

Sorry to hear about the job Bayne, kep your head up.

Hey and about the life policy. Even if AIG goes under someone else will buy up the policy and service it. Worst case scenerio the state takes control and pays out death benefit. All insurance companies contribute to this fund to ensure payouts.

You are actualy better off with a term right now because if you had any kind of cash-value policy the money in there isnt guaranteed to be paid at all in the event the company shuts down...

I work as a manager for a life insurance company if you have any questions you need answered.

lj said...

:( on job, but as you said before, nice to at least know what's going on.

i will try to help amuse you w/ bad beat stories from previous night while you online job search. ;)

1queensup1 -- very cool. it seems there is a blogger for almost every area of expertise.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Keep your head up Bayne. I feel your pain.

lucko said...

Best of luck bro.

cmitch said...

gl bayne...hopefully things will settle down in this crazy market and you will wind wind up in a much better place than b4 the shitty market.