Friday, March 20, 2009

Special Olympics

“Let me win but if I can not win let me be brave in the attempt,” is the motto of the Special Olympics.

Since Hoy issued the challenge I thought I would answer it in my own way.

129 is a pretty bad bowling score but would we rather have a leader that admits to being bad at something trivial or a leader that shoots 38 under par in his 1st round of golf?

Special Olympics comment was a candid reflexive commentary on how nice the crowd was for cheering his 129. If he chose he could point out how it was in line with the motto for the bravery of the attempt and talking about it in public.

Goverment has clearly taken position that if Americans are no longer willing to go into debt to finance economy we will do it for them and make future generations of Americans pay off debt. Carter tried to convince Americans that sacrifices had to be made for greater good, but he only served one term and no one else running for office has dared to repeat message since.

No comments: