Saturday, May 12, 2007

Daily Double Donkfest


For the 1st time I managed to cash in both the A & B portions of the Daily Double. Previous attempts have fallen short because my flopped sets will get busted by flush draws. Sad thing is most times I am forced to call an all-in or fold with the flopped set and not even offered opportunity to allow free turn.

Last night managed to make 2nd break in both tournaments when I found myself a minor stack in A and 1/2 up leaderboard in B.

Tournament endgame strategy has to be impacted for the following reasons:
1) Bottom money in each tourney is ~$15 for $12 entry but 3% is split amongst those cashing in both which is generally $40.

2) Generally after money bubble bursts all hell breaks loose amongst the short stacks. 2nd goal after making money is to make Final table. Final table in each tourney is worth $150, best combined tourney performance is worth 2% or ~$600 but Final tabling both is $6000.

Impact of this in my opinion is that you would want to create a utility to track who is alive in both tournies and be a little more selective about confrontations.

3) Final table bubble play brings looking at 1st prize of ~$2000 in each but final table in both has $6000 return. Winning both brings sick $18000. Think in this case since entry was $24 you have to weakly avoid big confrontations to the double FT.

I of course did not give these any thought until I busted from A with mediocre hand soon after
money bubble burst.

No comments: