Thursday, May 03, 2007

Wednesday Night Wisdoms

1) Drinking + Poker + Bad Beats = Major Tilt.

RecessRampage sucked out on turn against me in Mookie, should have laid hand down cheap rather than getting involved in big pot with bottom 2 pair.

Lost my 1st buy-in playing PL Omaha High when I called a EP raiser when I held KKQJ (doublesuited) flop was a very nice KT9 with gutshot straight flush draw. Sadly EP raiser had AAT9 with same flush draw and sucked out on River. I guess I could have check called flop rather than check raising but this seemed like an excellent double up flop to me.

The 2nd and 3rd buyins were lost when I aggressively pushed big draws into set. Both times I was 55-60 % to win but behind.

Final act of futility was going out 10th in 45 Man SNG because in battle of blinds I saw flop free with 4h2c and it came Kh5h3s, SB minbet and I raised 2x min, he called, turn was 7s and he min bet and I raised again. Turn was Qh, he checked I pushed (which at this point was 4 BBs) and he called with a J7 off.

Poker bankroll has plummeted to depths not seen in months but I am already registered for RiverChasers and have 2 peeps. The rakeback refresh will be coming soon anyway.

This does seem trivial as I have entered escrow with a new buyer for the house and this one seems to have 10% cash downpayment and pre-approval from a lender I have heard of previously.

No comments: