Saturday, May 05, 2007

Donkarama

I think my early play in Donkarama was too tight. Only saw 20% of flops but won 55% of hands when I saw flop. Only showdown I lost was when MeanHappyGuy pushed all in for like the 12th time and I had AQ (suited) his Q8 suited hit the flush and I lost a showdown.

Late in tourney did finally pick up AA once and KK twice but only won the blinds. Went really dry 4 handed with lots of double-down hands when I picked up AQ (suited) in SB I ignored warning bells about IronGirl's unusual bet and pushed into her QQ. This was not how I wanted to be dominated.

Nice work seeding the table MeanHappyGuy, next week will work better I'm sure.

Rio sent me my invitation to return to World Series of Poker this summer. Conversation went like this:

Wife: "What did Rio send?"
Bayne: "My invitation to World Series of Poker"
Wife: "You have used up your vacation time already so don't even think about it"
Bayne: "Went over my schedule with boss on board and it's only a conflict if I make Day 5 of Main Event"
Wife: "You did not"
Bayne: "Boss said if you qualify for Main Event this year wife will make you take cash"
Wife: "How much can you win in one of these early events?"
Bayne: "1st in a prelim may be few $100k"
Wife: (while looking at brochure) "Since we are selling house and you won't have to make mortgage payment if you want to play in a $1500 event go ahead"
Bayne: stunned silence
Wife: "But make sure it fits work schedule"
Bayne: stunned silence

Had one home sale fall through already but this buyer seems to be more credit worthy.

5 comments:

MHG said...

Next week you seed the table, lol!

I'm glad to have cracked your flawless show-down percentage :)

Fuel55 said...

Mrs. Bayne rules.

SirFWALGMan said...

Your problem was not your early play it was after the rebuy you tightened up until everyone caught up to your stack size and then you had no leverage and lost.

CC said...

Waffles, the expert...

Unknown said...

If you are not taking that woman out for a wonderful Mother's Day Meal...

No Soup for you!

Good Luck and I'll ditto Fuel55...

Mrs. Bayne RULES!