Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tuesday Night Discoveries

Reminder:

Tournament: The Mookie
When: Wednesday. 10pm ET
Buyin: $10+1
Password: vegas1

I am at mercy of PG & E restoring gas service in early part of appointment time window but good luck all.

Got knocked out of $75 token frenzy with KK, seems wrong to fold them pre-flop. At least this time I ran them into AA. Picked KK up 3 times at cash tables and they held up each time. Only once did Ace hit flop but it came with a beautiful K and 4 which allowed be to stack the A 4 that called 3x BB raise.

As a short term experiment played cash NLHE and PL Omaha Hi at same time. Theory was that I would be more leery of big hands in the Hold'em window and a little more aggressive in Omaha window.

Side effect seemed to be that on those rare occaisons I picked up flush + oesd I was far more willing to check raise the draw. An EP raiser (with AQ off) was victim when I was 4th caller from BB with 4d5d, flop was beautiful Qd6d3c and my check, raise, call push was rewarded with 7s turn and 2h river. It is so much easier in a cash game to push any draws that are favorites but behind,

M

No comments: