Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Weak Play as BBT leader

My 1st BBT event as leader was weak. I had AA twice early where I only collected blinds, I never got a chance to accumulate chips with a big pot and after weakly folding into points lost a coinflip to Smokkee. I haven't figured out how to verify this with Pokertracker but I am pretty sure it would show Smokkee with big pocket pair is less than 50% to win against me with ATC so don't know how I missed river wheel with AT when he had KK.

Riverchaser's also saw me squeek into points only to go out as a big dog when I raised the Hoy (AJ) from SB after 4 limpers only to get re-raised by Zeem? with AK. Of course if it had been against Hoy I would have been stacking the chips after hand but AJ is not as kind to me but is brutal against me.

I have had a couple of more trademark scrapes to the $75 token. Was UTG able to call BB if I chose but could not raise when token bubble burst Weds and Thues went out 29th (29 tokens) when I had ~1.5 BBs left UTG+3 when bubble burst.

On the positive side my visit to Vegas during Blogger gathering is now enabled. Signed the Grant Deed and other papers selling the House too far away from work to live in. Better news is I net out $12k more than offer accepted in January where sale fell through. Sucked when it fell through in March but now it seems great.

Flights are on Southwest:

Thu Jun 07
2880
Depart SAN JOSE CA (SJC) at 7:35 PMArrive in LAS VEGAS NV (LAS) at 8:55 PM

Mon Jun 11
1402
Depart LAS VEGAS NV (LAS) at 6:10 AMArrive in SAN JOSE CA (SJC) at 7:30 AM

Wife has granted permission to play in a prelim event on house windfall so probably will choose Event 15. If I play that with the same level of Donkitude that I showed in FTOPS # 7 last night this should still leave plenty of time to catch a cab from Rio and also play the WPBT.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck All In!

Mrs Bayne is VERY GENEROUS and wonderful to let you play.

Zeem said...

Look forward to seeing you in Vegas!

smokkee said...

we're driving up Friday morning and should arrive sometime Friday afternoon.

cya there