Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thanks for well wishes

Thanks to all for the phone calls, texts, IM and comments of well wishes.

I am also thankful wife's 1st seizure happened with her out of car rather than in traffic on 101.
She was planning to drive 90 miles to get her hair done (She has stylist she likes, drives a hybrid and price is lot cheaper in Petaluma than San Jose). She left highway to go to grocer and get drink and snack and fortuitously stopped at shopping center that had Urgent Medical Care Facility.

School being out so daughter was along on trip to help get wife to Medical care was also fortuitous. She also knows enough about wife's medical history that she was helpful to paramedics.

Tomorrow will bring another trip to hospital, 3 separate 2 hour stints during official visiting hours and waiting for a change, expectation is there will be none. My bosses have been great and they have granted "as much time off as I need". My brother works for an airline so getting my Mom or Dad out here to help costs $6 to cover FAA landing fees.

Only thing I think we need is passage of time as wife's body heals. Had long talk with one of in-laws who knew wife during her prior seizure/coma/recovery. She has also had to care for nephew during similar episode. I hope she is correct that promptness of medical care during initial recent seizure will lead to good hospital exit.

Got kicked out of ICU at 8, got home and in a quest for return to normal played Turbo Fiddy and some cash. My disrespect for money was at poker professional level. It did not help my bankroll but considering I exited 3 Super turbos as 70-30 favorite where I was called and got stacked once PLO when gut + set + flush draw could not run down flopped straight. Pros go to felt with just the set and flush draw so liked the play.

I would love to play Mookie tonight but clearly will not. Good Luck to those that play.

31 comments:

Evy said...

Just heard about your wife....

How scary. I am so glad that she seems to be doing better than they initially thought.

You are right, early treatment is absolutely vital. Your wife may now be able to legitimately claim that a shopping mall saved her life. :)

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know where you live. But if you are anywhere near PA, and you need anything whatsoever, and I can do anything to help, please let me know. Drop a comment on my blog and I'll get that right away.

One way or another, hang in there. Its gonna be tough going for a while, but you guys will all make it through this. *hugs*

KajaPoker said...

Good thoughts sent your way. I also like to play when stressed to forget and get back to normalcy. Degenerates...

madbrooklyn said...

Bayne - Tons of well wishes for your wife, you, and your family.

-M

OhCaptain said...

I wish there was more I could say or do, but just know, all of our thoughts are with you.

CEMfromMD said...

Bayne, just found out here about your wife. She and all your family is in my family's thoughts and prayers.

MackemPlus1 said...

Good luck and best wishes.

Wwonka said...

Hang in there. I am thinking of you.

StB said...

My prayers are with you big man. Hoping for the best.

corron10 said...

Prayers are with your family.

I kinda know what this is like as my sister deals with seizures.

stay strong.

John G. Hartness said...

Good lord, bro, just found out. Hope everything is ok. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I know I'm a long way away, but I'm still just a phone call away if you need me.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

"My disrespect for money was at poker professional level."

Even David Benyamine doesn't think you can have any more disregard for money. :)

Unknown said...

Having several seizures personally, I can relate.

I hope the best for your wife on a speedy recovery.

mookie99 said...

Sorry to hear the news. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Unknown said...

More headed your way Bayne....

KenP said...

Darn, Bayne, I miss a few days of reading and you get active. Nice to know the heartfelt prayers were manifold and mine not missed. But, I'm on wavelength now and will pile on with the rest and stay with it until you and yours are back to normal.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Best of luck big man. I can take care of the synopsis while you are otherwise occupied.

Just say the word if you need anything.

Unknown said...

As I said on the phone all you need to do is call.

IT

Irongirl01 said...

hope all is going better today. just caught up with blog reading and posted on last post.

Again Big hugs and thoughts are with your family

Weak Player said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. Please know that my thoughts are with you.

kurokitty said...

omg. Your wife's recovery is in my thoughts. Take care...

F-Train said...

Thinking of you and would be rubbing your shiny dome for the best of luck as this all sorts itself out.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts are with you.

Pauly said...

Best vibes are going out your way...

BWoP said...

Hey hon. I just heard the news. I wish your wife a speedy recovery. Hang in there. My thoughts are with you and your family.

TripJax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TripJax said...

Sending positive mojo your way. Prayers are in order for you and yours from the TripJax family tonight and every night until she is in great shape, my friend.

SirFWALGMan said...

F-Train jumping up and down trying to rub your dome with his diminutive puny little 125-pounds of furry hands makes me want to throw up.

katitude said...

fingers crossed and hopes with you babes :-)

Mondogarage said...

Thanks for the update, bayne. We're all continuing to keep your family in our thoughts. Stay positive.

WillWonka said...

It goes without saying that the Bayne family is my thoughts and prayers.

Rob Wilson said...

WOW, I don't know you but I will certainly pray for you and your family right now and I haven't prayed in 20 years.