Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Parent's depart Poker "break" over

My father had the bad habit of calling his only granddaughter "baby" in person and on phone. At some point after moving to California she explained to him over the phone "I am not a baby anymore" and "My name is .....". About a week later he called her "baby" again. Beyond muttering "Happy Birthday" or "Merry Christmas" she does not speak to him anymore. The daughter was 5. My mom and dad just completed a 3 day visit and even though 8 years have passed she still does not speak to my dad on phone and barely talked to him during visit.
Someday daughter may forgive but she is tough

Played in the FTOPS PLO8 satellite, had chipped up nicely until a Hold'Em donkey joined the table and rvered me twice.

1st time I had Overpair and wrap, against Nut flush and little gut. BB calling ahead priced donkey into flop call. Pot size call on turn Head's up with Nut flush draw and 62 low draw seemed a little "calling stationy" to me.

Hand I was eliminated on was typical overplay of AA quite frequently seen by the Hold'em donkeys.

Omaha Hi/Low 8-or-better: 820 enumerated boards containing Ks 5d 5h cards
scoop HIwin HIlos HItie LOwin LOlos LOtie EV
As 9c 3d Ah 61 61 759 0 160 0 0 0.162
Ac Tc 5c Jd 615 759 61 0 0 0 0 0.838

I called preflop raise from BB thinking this HE donkey has AA or A2 so if I hit flop I pwn this donkey. Instead I get money in with donkey calling off ~2k checkraise into 2400 pot who is 1 in 5+ times gets his money back for low and 1 in 11 times sucks out high and his donkery is rewarded. when a turn 2 and river 4 gives him wheel. Fawking luckbox.

In my nightly assault on Omaha tourney I lost HU all in pre to Q754 1suit (not live) with AKJJ ds when running Qs on turn and river gave him full house.

Monday may be new SUnday on Full Tilt.

No comments: