Thursday, June 14, 2007

1st RiverChaser's Win


Far be it for me to call out anyone's play (that is waffle's role) but I bet 1/3 pot after river because as BB I could have 5d but wanted a little blocking bet to see if no one had diamond and got a caller with KJo no diamond.



Had MysticJoe (age unknown) to my left and I my poker skills do not extend to being able to put him on a hand. Fortunately I picked up QQ (and picked off a few limpers) than AA on consecutive hands. On AA hand Mystic was kind enough to re-raise his AK and not river Broadway on me.



Saw oossuuu go out pre-points and personally got to witness BuddyDank not only fail to lay down top trips (Has he ever laid down top pair?) but also wait until IslandBum had rivered the absolute nuts to raise him. Once the top 2 "challengers" were knocked out I got to hear Buddy put a $5 bounty on me while broadcasting an excellent show. Now traditionally the bounty collects the bounty with a win. Played rather well until FullTilt Server Tilt set in with about 21 left and I pushed AJ suited UTG and was called and beaten by AK.

Low point:

Table 5 - 250/500 Ante 50

Seat 1: bayne_s (1,030)

Seat 2: DaBag (6,755)

Seat 4: ragedy26 (9,360)

Seat 5: corron10 (4,285)

Seat 7: daiwee (1,065)

Seat 8: pushmonkey72 (6,185)

Seat 9: pebble78 (11,579)



Then instead of a chop

pebble78 raises to 1,000

bayne_s calls 480, and is all in

pebble78 shows [5d Ah]

bayne_s shows [2c Ad]

Uncalled bet of 20 returned to pebble78

*** FLOP ***

[2d 6c Ks]

*** TURN ***

[2d 6c Ks] [Th]

*** RIVER ***

[2d 6c Ks Th] [Ts]

pebble78 shows a pair of Tens

bayne_s shows two pair, Tens and Twos

bayne_s wins the pot (2,310) with two pair, Tens and Twos



A steal with the Mookie no callers, then my next BB:

Dealt to bayne_s [8h 9h]

pushmonkey72 raises to 3,820, and is all in

pebble78 folds

bayne_s calls 2,260, and is all in

pushmonkey72 shows [6d 7s]

and the better hand holds. Gotta believe in the sooted connectors Smokkee especially against pushmonkey.



After this I played more solidly, accumulated chips and eventually went from 3 handed short stack to chip leader and then Lucko would have been proud of pressure applied.



While this was going on I was railing Chad at $22k Final Table and saw him a) discover his chat was back and b) suffer a ridiculous donkey beat with QQ vs. a 33 who called Chad's push. I was thinking how did this dude make FT of $75 buyin tourney? Then I remembered the ridiculous beats I've been taking in Token Frenzy this week.







Edit: Pokerwolf has correctly pointed out I forgot to add my Rue the Day Jordan element to post, though to be honest last night's motivation was brought on by BuddyDank.

9 comments:

Pokerwolf said...

Nice job, Bayne!

Am I correctly dectecting a "Take that, Jordan!" vibe from this post even though the bet is over?

Buddy Dank said...

Wow is all that comes to mind. Another cash!
Another final table!
And another WIN!
Wow!
You are not making this easy for the rest of us in the BBT!
A2o is the NUTS!

oossuuu754 said...

I applaud you.

lj said...

yay bayne! congrats on your win!

Fuel55 said...

Nice work!

CEMfromMD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You are a fucking ballah Bayne.

Congrats on the win and wrapping up the BBT.

CC said...

Congrats, Bayne, and great meeting you. Sorry we couldn't hang out more, but next time.

CarmenSinCity said...

Very nice!!!!!!