Sunday, June 03, 2007

Rebuy Win (Maybe 1st to Chad)


Played my local home-game tournament (http://www.cadillacpoker.com/). If you are in San Jose area I can advise playing as the food served at the break is quite excellent.
Only thing that went wrong for me is I did not play an AT UTG during level 1. If I had I would have collected $700 for the bad beat jackpot.
During rebuy period I only saw 4 flops from outside the blinds and won all. Was probably shortest stack from point where we were down to 2 tables until money bubble burst. 4 times at the final table a player was all in and survived leaving 10 standing with 9 paying.
When Money bubble burst I was short stack of the 9 with about 110k chips when the level changed. Level 9 was 8k/16k with 1k ante. Level 10 was 10k/20k with 5k ante. Although I was short stack, big stack of 9 could not have been more than 250k. With 75k in the pot, before 1st action it became a push-fest.
My 1st button I got to open-raise and had a 5h6h, being the sooted donk Smokkee claims I am I pushed and both blinds called and I tripled up when my 5 hit and their QT & AQ missed.
QT went out a few hands later. My next BB I picked up JJ and was faced with an UTG push from prior holder of AQ I instantly called and was faced with J8 and held up easily.
At this point I was big stack and my inner donkey started braying.
I called an all in from Short stack with QJ suited and lost to K3 suited. Next hand UTG pushed and I looked at a AJ suited. I was a JackAce and called and rivered a Jack to beat his AQ.
At 4 handed I was UTG and big chip leader, I raised to 90k after looking at QT Soooted, and SB went all in for 150k, BB smooth called.
Flop was JT4 with 1 of my suit and BB pushed for another 100k. I am thinking WTF, 4th is $800, 3rd is $1100, 2nd is $1700 but 1st is $2750, I have backdoor flush and straight getting 6:1 with 2nd pair, I call.
BB has AJ, SB has KK and both are out when Q comes on turn and brick on river.
Heads up was quite uneventful as chip lead was humongous and it was not long before we both flopped 2nd pair and I had better kicker.
With EF at $50 and 52 players I think it counts as a win.

1 comment:

Chad C said...

OK, I can respect this one!