Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Eskimo

Read about the Eskimo saga and was troubled. I can understand that Harrah’s can’t force him to go to hospital. I am amazed that not one of his friends or family members tried to do something.

My Mom had a stroke at her sister's house Thanksgiving around 12 years ago. Daughter was just 2 weeks old so I didn't go. Despite the fact that she kept dropping things they let her cousin Judy drive her the 100 miles home to Northern Virginia. My Aunt did call me to let me know that Mom probably had a stroke and I should try to meet her at her house (My Dad was on a Hunting trip). When Mom walked in door she told me "she didn't want to say anything during dinner but she thought she had a stroke". I drove her to local hospital, the doctor’s diagnosed she indeed had a stroke and she was admitted and the Nurses kicked me out so she could rest. After 3 months of physical therapy Mom moves slower now and no longer smokes but she is pretty much at same level of health she was before.

My Mom didn’t seek immediate medical attention because she didn’t want to upset everyone during the holiday weekend. Sadly this kind of thinking was not due to the stroke. The 30 or so relatives dining with her “did not want to embarrass her”, so they let everything go on as if nothing was happening without taking her to local hospital. In hindsight knowing how dysfunctional family can be I’m glad Mom’s cousin had the good sense to insist on driving.

The good Doctor is certainly correct that Eskimo’s “friends” want him unstuck more than they want him healthy but I’ve seen stupider things.

Don't forget :
Tournament: The Mookie
When: Wednesday. 10pm ET
Buyin: $10+1
Password: vegas1

Hoy has placed an $11 bounty on me as well as a handy guide to my play. Good Luck to all that try to collect!

2 comments:

Chad C said...

I don't know what it is about RAZZ, but last year in that same event I had a man collapse right into my lap! RAZZ is -EV for the body I guess!!

bayne_s said...

Razz makes me want to stab myself to death with a spork. Might explain waffles anger and why people would rather die than find themselves playing another hand. The A234 to Full House may lead to damage to circulatory system that doctor's need to study.