Monday, March 10, 2008

March Madness

I meant to play a satellite into this tournament but somehow just forgot.

MATH is tonight at 7:00 Pacific

That was all of my poker content for the day.

Being a graduate of an ACC school this time of year used to be dedicated to college basketball. The worst part of my move from Maryland to California is maybe 2 of my coworkers even pay the slightest bit of attention to college hoops. Tip off for most games is at 4:00 and I do not get the Raycom Jefferson Pilot broadcasts of all the games. It certainly does not help that Georgia Tech just closed their ACC regular season in Massachusetts playing Boston College. Seriously wtf is that, beating Boston College is nice but they will always be a Big East school to me and playing the other 8 teams home and away was perfect.

This 4 day ACC tournament is also wrong. I could accept the Thursday play in game for the 8-9 schools but know from having attended ACC tournament twice and 1st round of NCAA tournament a few times is the larger human body is not meant to sit in arena seats for 4 games on back to back days. I would need a chiropractor on call between 2 game sessions.

All these thoughts came about from watching the Duke-UNC game Saturday night. I hate both teams and their obnoxious arrogant fan bases. I think the lengths the Duke students go to distract opposing free throw shots are just ridiculous but expectation is that even if the NCAA decided some were a technical fould rating offense the same cheating officials that make sure a jump shooting team like Duke goes to the free throw line more than a low post scoring opponent would never T up the Duke crowd.

But I do miss the passion for basketball I saw Saturday night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Easily one of my favorite times of the year.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

kurokitty said...

I loved how Duke tried to burn off the clock with 8 minutes to go and a 2 point lead. It seemed they could have used some of that time at the end.

Nothing's better than a win at Cameron. Go Heels!