Monday, March 10, 2008

Self Reflection

I am graph #1 from Tragedy's post last week.


SNG's like this one can improve the graph a little.
At start of Heads up play chip counts were:
Seat 2: bayne_s (3,386)
Seat 7: MrBix (10,114)

12 hands later if I led out on flop, turn or river and we went to showdown I took down pot (with 2 showdowns showing I was ahead) and 3 folds this hand came up. I had also taken a brief chip lead.
Full Tilt Poker Game #5580863063: $55 + $5 Sit & Go (Turbo) (42460895), Table 1 - 400/800 - Pot Limit Omaha H/L - 16:09:09 ET - 2008/03/10
Seat 2: bayne_s (6,172)
Seat 7: MrBix (7,328)
MrBix posts the small blind of 400
bayne_s posts the big blind of 800
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bayne_s [4d 3h 2c 5s]
MrBix calls 400
bayne_s raises to 2,400
MrBix calls 1,600
*** FLOP *** [Qc 2h Jd]
bayne_s bets 3,772, and is all in

After showing strength pre-flop I am committed to acting strong and trying to take this down
MrBix has 15 seconds left to act
MrBix has been disconnected
MrBix has 41 seconds to reconnect
MrBix is sitting out
MrBix has timed out
MrBix folds
Uncalled bet of 3,772 returned to bayne_s
bayne_s mucks
bayne_s wins the pot (4,800)
The blinds are now 500/1,000
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,800 Rake 0
Board: [Qc 2h Jd]
Seat 2: bayne_s (big blind) collected (4,800), mucked
Seat 7: MrBix (small blind) folded on the Flop


Next two MrBix BB hands were played slowly to try to allow MrBix to connect but since I already ran over the end of lunchtime I gave up on return and started raising.


Above is the current graph but when I used sharkscop I found a couple of other graph's that intrgued me:

I found it fascinating that the $1 and $2 SNGs have the worst ROI % and that the tokens and $30+ were my most profitable.


Since I am +EV in my HU SNG with LJ I have to dig deeper into how I can be so bad at $2.


I am certainly -EV when trying to get a HU match with LJ and end up against some random donkey, I also have a habit of playing $2 SNGs when tilted and I am just flinging chips like monkey poo.


I think a lot of the problem I have in SNGs is the mindset required for the tokens is a lot different than the mindset required for the $11 and $22 turbos. Jump from bubble to 3rd pays the same as jump from 2nd to 1st so it is more important (IMO) to play to win rather than cash. Because payout for 2 1sts is equal to 5 3rds. I cannot with great certainty claim I have the correct level of aggression every time I play a SNG.



The quantity of the $50 SNGs is still too low to low to say they are long term profitable nor can I really tell if the $30-$33 are profitable.

Went out of MATH earlier than I would have liked, I went completely card dead about same time Lucko moved to my table. Lost a flip to shorty when he called my AJ with Q9, then restole a couple of times from Lucko to keep some chips but eventually jammed best hand I'd seen in what seemed like hour when Q9 lost to twoblackaces AJ.

At least I lasted longer than Waffles. It's tough since his reads are so awesome.

Skills (PLO) and Bodog Blogger is tonight.

2 comments:

smokkee said...

sir,

i think it's cool that you came out with this. personally, i play the tier 1's like a donkey cuz they're so cheap. but, i play a solid game in the tier 2's and 3's. if there's more $$$ at stake you probably play more focused. I know i do.

TanOrpheus said...

My graph looks a lot like yours, mostly from throwing money away in 180's when on tilt.
I wonder if working on "fixing" it is a good thing ?
Lots of MTT players jump on sharkscope to get an idea of how well you play and having a graph like this could be really good for your MTT image.