Monday, May 05, 2008

What is Going on Here

Don't Miss Tuesday's May 6th Bodog Poker Blogger Tournament!
Start Time 9:05 pm ET.

Or FullTilt Skillz Series Razz.

1st a small work interlude:
I've been banging my head at work for the past two weeks to get a board to boot. I have 4 prototype boards and they all have been showing the same problem. Out of frustration I let a manufacturing dude use my lab bench Friday. Today when I resumed battle with boards all 4 mysteriously worked. Manufacturing dude says he did not touch board but just borrowed power supply and emulator pod (I wasn't using pod).

2nd a small medical interlude:
Had my 1st Physical Therapy Appointment for my Pinky (in future this will be referred to as Pinky Therapy) I have a new splint to wear to keep top joint straight, some other contraption to prevent hyperextending 2nd joint and a 2nd splint while doing my hourly pinky exercises. Annoying thing is my Dr. scheduled an appointment to consult with a surgeon next week, this is not good for poker mindset.

3rd a small political interlude:
Gas tax holiday of 18 cents/gallon this summer would save me and wife ~$14 this summer, unless I drive to Las Vegas in June then it gets me up to almost $20. I would think waiving the tax on diesel fuel would gopefully see some savings in food prices and save us more.

Back to Poker:
I ran like crap all weekend!
Worst beat was in Sunday's $2.5 KO. After ep raise an 5 callers, I re-raised AsAcQsQc ds to 690. Since it was 3rd hand of KO I of course got 3 callers committing 1/4 of starting stacks. Flop was a beautiful QhJs4s. I bet pot and get raised for pittance more and there is another caller.
Raiser has JJTs8s, other caller has AKQJ. I am still praying no T when 7s hits turn and then 9s hits river. Letting 2nd set escape with a straight flush. I can understand 2nd set + gut + rag flush draw committing all his chips post flop, pre-flop he was 1st caller of re-raise so I think he has to giver some thought to fold pre.

For the most part weekend could be described as slow bleed of folding terrible starting cards or missing flops with good drawing hands.

I did try to represent hitting flop a few times but had a knack for bluffing into calling stations with 3rd nutz.

No comments: