Friday, May 09, 2008

Woot Weekend

A local story that is so California:

"The Contra Costa County Health Department is closing East Bay Waldorf School in El Sobrante on Friday because of a whooping cough outbreak." When wife and I heard this on news last night we were thinking "wtf, our kid got immunized for this, how can this outbreak happen?" I am pretty sure in Montgomery County Maryland we needed prove that kid was immunized against this and many other diseases to go to school. Today in follow up story heard the Waldorf School does not require such shots because "it disrupts the child's destiny and/or kharma"

A small Korean woman kicked my ass this morning. She managed to get 55 degrees of motion out of 2nd joint of my pinkie and I was only getting 10 degrees last week. I felt more pain today than when I dislocated joint.

Riverchasers had another disappointing exit:

Holding KcJh in BB after UTG limp I decided seeing a flop seemed like good plan.
Flop was QhTh9s,
SB holding 8h6h (learned later) fired out a pot sized bet, I decided to just call as I wanted to see UTG call as well but he folded.
A black baby card fell on turn and SB checked, I jammed because I gave you free card to hit draw you missed now go away and I guess SB counted his outs and reached 15 and called.
Sadly he hit one of his 8 true outs and rivered his flush.

Make no mistake I love that there are myopic players that count outs without any consideration that it is called the "idiot end pf straight" for a reason. I just wish they would hit their reduced outs less often.

No comments: