Monday, October 15, 2007

Al Rulez!!!


AlCan'thang rules! Will have to warm up my 'A' game as I get ready to take down 1 blogger event so I too can be part of Tournament of Champions and play my way to Australia (again).
I perused the Full Tilt Photo Album for pictures of myself and did find me in 4th picture (below)


I don't know the itinerary this year but received this email last year:
Hi All!

We’re only one week away! As this exciting trip quickly approaches, I would like to go over a few details with you.

The Crown Hotel will be providing transportation from the Melbourne airport to the hotel for all who have made flight arrangements with us. For those of you who have made your own flight arrangements, you are responsible for finding your own transportation to the hotel. If you have any trouble doing so, please let me know and I will do my best to assist you.

Below you will find the itinerary of events in Melbourne. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the itinerary.

JANUARY 11, 2007 – FULL TILT DAY OF ACTIVITIES
We have arranged a variety of activities for everyone! Please reply with your preference as soon as possible and we will reserve a spot for you. Please note that you may only pick one activity. There are three options:

- GOLF
- TENNIS
- OUTBACK TOUR

GOLF – Please note that space is very limited and is only open to online winners. Your guests will be unable to participate in this activity. Since there is a very limited amount of space for this activity, you must sign up with me immediately by replying to this email. Clubs, balls and shoes are provided by the hotel, but you are more than welcomed to bring your own.
Because of travel with family I opted for winery/outback tour. This was played at course I can only dream of getting on otherwise because normally the limit you to 14 or better handicap.

TENNIS – Please note that space is very limited and is only open to online winners. Rackets and tennis balls are provided by the hotel, but you are more than welcomed to bring your own. Please sign up with me by replying to this email.

OUTBACK TOUR – This luxurious excursion includes a Winery Tour and a visit to an Animal Sanctuary in Melbourne. This activity is open to both online winners and your guests.
Yarra Valley looked a lot like Sonoma County, California but with kangaroos. It was a fun day of meeting other qualifiers good wine and the native animals.

FULL TILT WELCOME COCKTAIL – You are invited to join the Pros of Full Tilt Poker for some drinks and conversation at Breezes Restaurant located near the swimming pool on Level 3 at the Crown Towers. Cocktail hour is from 5pm to 7pm.
The "Poker After Dark" episode where Phil Helmuth blew up at Gus Hansen and Sean Sheikan had just aired. I was talking to Gus about some of the plays I see him make on big boy's PLO table when Huck Seed walked up and I got to ask him why Phil had not vented at him since he was clearly one that pushed his button with the "be quiet while I talk" line. Huck was sheepish and Gus piled on.
I also had an opportunity to ask Erick Lindgren how much money could change hands on golf course? His answer was "you might lose $100k, but you don't have to pay right away"


JANUARY 12, 2007 – BOAT CRUISE IN THE BAY
This activity is optional and open to both online winners and your guests. Please RSVP with me before Friday if you wish to attend.

JANUARY 13, 2007 – FTP FREEROLL TOURNAMENT
Tournament will begin at 10:30am and a presentation ceremony for the winner of the tournament will follow.
Last year this tournament had $250-$2000 bounties on the FullTilt Poker pros (dependent on bracelets) plus another ~$50k in prizes for the ~140 entrants.

JANUARY 14, 2007
MAIN EVENT BEGINS.
For me:
JANUARY 15, 2007
MAIN EVENT ENDS.
Andy Bloch was kind enough to explain to my wife and daughter that I played hand I exited on just fine, I had bet more money pre-flop than he would have but had gotten call. Guy who called was an idiot and had gotten lucky.

Q&A Breakfast with the Pros from 9am to 12 noon.

JANUARY 15, 2007
Q&A Breakfast with the Pros from 9am to 12 noon.

JANUARY 19, 2007
MAIN EVENT ENDS.

FULL TILT FAREWELL DINNER – you and your guest are invited to join us for a farewell dinner at the Palladium Ballroom from 7pm to 10pm.
AFTER-PARTY – 10pm to 3am.

*Please note that another group excursion may be added at a later time.

I will be on-site the entire time and will be your contact person if there is anything you need assistance with. I look forward to seeing all of you out there!

Cheers!

Daisy
If you win trip I guarantee your wife will be more tolerant of poker habit! Unless you take someone else.
The Aussie Millions tourney and having Full Tilt as hosts definitely ranked as one of Top 3 vacations I've ever had. It is tough to rank it ahead of 1st time you take a child to DisneyWorld (or Disneyland) or Honeymoon cruise.

5 comments:

lj said...

I am trying out comment from bberry. Hard to see pic, but I don't see you in it. If I was betting woman I'd put my money on you to win trip. Luckboxes have better shot and you are biggest one I know! :)

bayne_s said...

I added the arrow pointing to me

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Lj, you play poker. You are a betting woman.

LOL @ "unless you take someone else."

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

LMAO at arrow.

BWoP said...

The arm of a champion ruckbox!