Monday, October 01, 2007

Deeper into Abyss

After reading MiamiDon's blog post today I got motivated enough to look up the hypothetical payoffs on betting the Rockies moneyline.

I saw (952) Colorado Rockies +125, then I noticed
(951) San Diego Padres vs. (952) Colorado Rockies Over 9 (-115).

I decided it was quite strange that when I hit the parlay button I lerned that betting Rockies + Over would be paid $64.13 when risking $20 since clearly Rockies would win a high scoring game or lose a low scoring game.

Now before I hypothetically wager again I must figure out what these lines really mean.

I scraped to the cash in the MATH, managed to get doubled up when I limped an AA from SB and was fortunate enough to have BB call my flop bet with a gut shot and over and then pair his over on turn. I managed to steal enough blinds with air to survive to money despite presense of player who played any hand that you would stand with in blackjack! I ran JJ into a 20 and lost the coinflip when a K hit the flop.

I hope to play the Bodonkey again tomorrow and preferably from home.

Tournament Name: “Online Poker Blogger Tournament” at Bodog
Entry Password: bodogblogger
Buy-in + fee: $10 + $1
Starting Chips: 3000 (Double Stack)
Payout: Standard Bodog payout structure
Bonuses:T$50 bonus paid to 1st place finisher.
T$25 bonus paid to 2nd place finisher.
T$10 bonus paid to the 5 players that are eliminated prior to payouts.

1 comment:

RaisingCayne said...

Nice cash in the MATH.

But you did neglect to mention your early all in with K8off though, and how it held up against my AJs. Pardon my frustration. Congrats on the leaderboard!